Tailgate! (September 11)

Today we had a much easier day since the MDS Canada Board was not here for dinner.  We did our usual breakfast, cleanup, shopping, lunch, etc.  We had decided to have a good ole cookout for dinner, with farmer sausage, smokies, potato salad, baked beans, chips, and watermelon.  Since this was a quick fix, I was able to get in a ride in the afternoon.  My goal was to see if I could find the trail access to a rail trail I could see from the road.  I have been looking for access since I got here.  Nobody I have asked seems to know.  I set off up the road from the church and did a lot of winding around in neighborhoods where the streets were going toward the mountain the trail runs along.  I found a road that seemed to go much higher than the trail, and it looked like I could actually get over the big hill so I might check the other side.  I ran out of time before I could go much farther so I just headed up my usual trail  couple miles and then headed home.
https://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/2683059130

We were pretty much ready to start taking dinner stuff outside when we noticed that the clouds were thickening, and I could see rain streaks out of some of them.  At one point the rain was just a block away, but not really hitting where we were.  It was quickly past us.




A new problem cropped up, though.  We had a gas grill, but when I went to put the propane tank on it, I couldn't find the tank or the gas firepit it was attached to.  When I asked others about it, they all thought the firepit was outside where it had been since May.  Unfortunately, someone decided that they needed the firepit and propane more than we did.  Our Project Director, Roman, went to the gas station behind our trailers and bought a new cylinder.  Problem solved.  The farmer sausage hit the grill, and a great time was had by all!







Afterward, we had our daily reports while still outside.  I, along with a couple others, were enjoying the cool evening in shorts and T-shirts.  Most of the others, however, felt they needed jackets or sweatshirts.  Terry (in the green t-shirt and shorts) was one of my crew mates at the MDS project in Conway, SC last May.  He and I were the Southerners, and we were fine.  Makes you wonder about how these Canadians survive their harsh winters ❆⛄.




After dinner, I managed to get some cool shots of the Moon playing hide-and-seek among the clouds.




Comments

  1. So happy to read your post. The cookout sounds wonderful and those moon shots are arresting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Judy! Have you ever thought of working for MDS? Your cooking would amaze everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Serve

Wednesday August 28: Birthday!

Saturday, August 24